Does Your Buick Vehicle Need a Wheel Alignment?
At Joseph Buick GMC, we know the importance of regular service and maintenance and want our customers to feel covered in every respect. One aspect of Buick service that can sometimes be overlooked is wheel alignment, which keeps you driving straight.
Here’s an overview of why and when to get Buick wheels alignment service.
Benefits of an Alignment
When your wheels are properly aligned, your gas mileage increases, as does the overall life of your front and rear tires.
This translates into a smoother, more stable ride and more responsive steering.
What Causes Misalignment?
Even if you’ve been keeping up with regularly scheduled maintenance, there are some things you won’t think about until they’ve failed, and your tires are one of them.
You need all your wheels working together in as much harmony as possible, but they can come out of alignment over time. Here are some reasons why it happens:
- Wear and tear on your suspension over time
- Minor accidents like small fender benders
- You changed the vehicle’s height and didn’t update the suspension
- Speed bumps, road hazards like potholes or rough terrain
Signs of Misalignment
Do you think your Buick needs an alignment? Here are some tell-tale signs to look for:
- Check the tread on your tires and note any uneven wear
- If your steering wheel pulls to the left or right
- Your steering wheel makes noise when turning
If you experience any abnormal changes in the steering or responsiveness of your Buick vehicle, don’t hesitate! Long-term misalignment can cause serious problems if left unchecked.
Your Buick will generally need an alignment every 5,000 to 10,000 miles. For more questions or to schedule a service visit, contact Joseph Buick GMC today.